Baby nerite invasion!

esc

Some time ago, maybe a couple months back my nerite snails had laid eggs over various locations on the rockwork. I recall some people mentioned that the eggs were unlikely to hatch when I had asked for some identification help. Last night as I took a look at my tank there were 80-100 baby snails all over the place. This was the first time I noticed them as I never really examined my tank after lights off. So any reason for concern? Also out of the 5 original nerites that were placed in the tank, I only see 2 of them these days. I figure they went to snail heaven and this may be contributed to the egglaying process. At this point do I just leave them be? The tank is a 29gallon Biocube and I am worried there may be massive snail die off since there are so many snails in a small tank. Anyone here want some tiny nerite snails? They are 1-2mm in size.

I'm located in Redondo Beach. I should be around most of the morning and day tomorrow. I will try to grab as many as possible this evening and place them into small containers. Shoot me a pm for additional info. I also will have a sandwich bag of Chaeto up for grabs.

Yuo have nothing to worry about , the snail population will take care of itself depending on available food source.

Well looks as though the snails are going to stay in the tank until they get larger. I just attempted to grab some and they basically disintegrated under the pressure of my fingers. Due to their tiny size and thin shells I ended up killing 4 of them in my attempt to grab them off the glass. For those that wanted some, if they survive and grow to a size where they thier shells are a bit thicker, I'll put up a post.

Back