Bacteria outbreak? Help?

erickjohnsonaz

I had a VERY cloudy ~60 water gallon volume tank. It is a tank that I had started and had gone through it's cycle and I had started to add some coral too, but accidentally flooded with fresh water when trying to top it off. (I learned my lesson and got an auto top off system).

While trying to re-start the tank When I added the first fish after the cycle I lost it. This version is roughly 6 months old.

I waited a couple weeks and tried again. The fish did fine for a couple weeks, then the tank got cloudy.

I read that it was a bacteria outbreak and to wait through it. I lost the fish. I tried again with another fish and it lasted a week or so.

I added a UV filter and the cloudy-ness has cleared up by about 90% in a couple days, but made no improvement in the last several days. It just seems that the bacteria is hanging in there.

The couple zoas I have in the tank are starting to come out and the birds nest in doing great.

I had a watchmen golby that I thought I had lost that I put in with a pistol shrimp originally that appeared last night.

Otherwise all the inverts are doing fine. Fire shrimp, hermit crabs, snails and a couple urchins.

The brown dytoms had disapeared over the last couple days.

Is there something beneficial I can add to compete with the remainder of the bacteria?

Erick

Opps - Mangrove forest

Opps - Mangrove forest

P.S. - I forgot...

I am starting a Mangrove forest in the tank as well if that makes any difference. They are rooting currently, but have no leaves, yet.

Back