Bad Batch Of Kalkwasser?

-=Efrain=-

I have been using the same big jar of Kent Marine Kalkwasser and my Ph as everyone knows has been very low in the am 7.5 for well over a month now. So I went threw all of the low Ph fixes and nothing seemed to work.. So I came to the conclusion that I would have to turn off my CR. But then that would throw off everything else so I left it running. I ran out of Kent Marine Kalk and went on the search for Mrs. Wages Pickling Lime Powder locally. Well It's been two days of waking up and finding my Ph at 8.2 at 7am.. Needless to say I am sticking with Mrs Wages and it was only 2.49 for 16oz.. I can't explain the Kent Marine and I don't really care to because I am so happy now..

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12197123#post12197123 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Veni vidi vici
Where did ya find the Mrs. Wages ?

Good question. I have never found it locally and I live kind of close to Efrain. I have ordered from bulkreef for kalk.

I will post the location once I pick up another 10 jars of it.. Sorry.. But on a related note, does any one use Hydrated lime? The stuff that comes in the 10 pound bags at Lowes? I know its not food grade but I have read that its still very good.. Oh yeah and very cheap.

I order it by the case from mrswages.com . they are local and shipping is less than I would pay in gas to run to the store to get it .

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12197268#post12197268 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by -=Efrain=-
I will post the location once I pick up another 10 jars of it.. Sorry.. But on a related note, does any one use Hydrated lime? The stuff that comes in the 10 pound bags at Lowes?
I'll tell you about hydrated lime after you tell me where to buy the Mrs. Wages. :p

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12197268#post12197268 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by -=Efrain=-
I will post the location once I pick up another 10 jars of it.. Sorry..

I didnt mean to make it sound like I wanted to go buy some. You can have it all. I get it in bulk now.

Out here in picklingville,they carry it on the shelves of every grocery store around.Don't have to stock up,always on the shelf somewhere out here in corn and bean land!Another Mrs.Wages fan,John

I saw it at kroger, of course in Indiana!
:p
guys might want to try any local store such as dominics, wallmart, jewel(are there still some of these around?).
You can tell i dont grocery shop

I don't use it, but used to work for a food broker ( selling to Jewel and Dominick's ) Odds are it would be either in the baking aisle -- near the spices/sugar on the bottom shelf. OR, the the canning section, usually a 4 foot section that has all the "ball" mason jars.

Nope I have been to all of the Jewels and Dominicks in the area and when ever I ask of it they all look at me like I am crazy... I then go and look for it with no luck..

Hmmm, that is odd. Guess that it what happened when I quit doing that job (( used to have to keep the canning section set up in all my stores ))

Efrain
do you use the pickling lime in a kalk reactor? or do you just drip it? i wonder if its that much poorer that it made such a huge difference. or because you just added it and its saturated because its freshly stirred.

Woodmans has it for $2.49/lb. If they are out, talk to the guys who stock it & they will get you cases of it.

I cleaned out my 25 gallon rubbermaid that I was using with the Kent Marine kalkwasser and added 20 gallons of RO and 40 TBS of Mrs. Wages let it sit then let it run as normal for my top off. As a matter of a fact my Ph is sitting at 8.56 so I have to keep an eye on it as to not get precip..

did you check your calcium reactor and your flow rate is still the same? maybe it got clogged and it slowed down the flow of the effluent.
maybe your CO2 hose got disconnected from the calcium reactor lol
im trying to find an excuse :D
its crazy how much higher pH your getting with mswages. i need to start hunting for it at the grocery store if it really is that much better.

Back