Bad deal with fellow member.... Watch Out....

Status
Not open for further replies.

funman1

Well I hate to do this cause I have never had to do this before, but feel I need to warn other members, so the same does not happen to them with this user.

I bought (paid cash), traded corals, and drilled his tank, for this chiller from this thread.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1154809

He promised to give me information on where to get the supposed $9.00 part to repair the unit when I bought, traded, and drilled for him.
After messaging back and forth and getting every excuse in the book, he has now suddenly chosen to turn off PM's on RC and not allow RC users to email him either. So I have no way to contact him.
So now I own an expensive useless paper weight...

Not trying to send people on a witch hunt for me, but instead just wanted to send a warning out there for other users.
I don't want this to be a bashing thread either, just an FYI / beware...
My lesson has been learned.

~Steve~

that's unfortunate. hope you guys connect and there's a logical explanation and resolution.

Stupid question i know, but have you tried calling the manufacture? in the post he says it needs a board for the temp controller, maybe they would have a part number or price. It does suck that you got jewed, maybe there is logical explanation in this whole mess. If all else fails, i would drop it back on his driveway and let him feel like an ***, or have a large paper weight ;)

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10429158#post10429158 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bobbyblank
It does suck that you got jewed,

Bobby, I don't know you man, but I really don't like your choice of words to say the least. You might want to check that because I'm sure you've offended more than myself. This isn't Nazi Germany over here.....

:thumbdown:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10429279#post10429279 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jimdogg187
Bobby, I don't know you man, but I really don't like your choice of words to say the least. You might want to check that because I'm sure you've offended more than myself. This isn't Nazi Germany over here.....
:thumbdown:

I am sorry if this is how you feel, but i am no NAZI i can assure you. I was just trying to point out how much it sucked that steve got tossed on a deal. I have been screwed on online deals as well and i feel steves pain. Yes, i used the word JEW in my post, as in "jewed" like trying to haggle at a fleemarket, or when you get tossed on a deal. I understand this may be a stereotype but i was not trying to be derogitory to the jewish religion, or jewish people. I have a jewish friends!? I do not get offended when people use stereotypes like "white people cant dance " or others, I am fine with who i am. if you choose to take my statment personal and offensive, then i am sorry you are so uncomfortable with who you are, I will not apologize for what i said, If you choose to take everything that someone says to heart, then you have the right to do that. I do not live MY life by what other people think about me or my religon or my color. I didnt mean to hijack a thread, i just wanted to state my positon. If you are offended by my post, please PM me.

Last edited:
I think that is the US distributor. Won't hurt to contact them, they may be able to help or point you in the right direction.

If you are trying to defend the fact that you are using JEW in a correct manner then you are not worth PMing... I am most definitely offended as I am a Jew and think you are a moron. I point this out in public only because you have the audascity to not only make the racist (and YES it is racist) statement but then to make a long post defending it... Calling someone a Jew as a term for a con man or swindler is a little different than saying white men can't dance.... I am not going to sit by and act like you are just misunderstood. You are clearly racist. You said what you meant and then defended it .. Think before you respond.....

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10429750#post10429750 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by funman1
Thanks, is that the parrent company to ViaAqua?

I am not him but yes they are the parent co. and should be able to direct you in the right direction.

dang that is too bad steve... hopefully you p/u the unit at his place so at least you'd be able to go back and meet up with him. if not, things happen to the best of us... you've always been a great guy to me.. hopefully the other member will realize what wrong he did and contact you.

I was sittin at a RR crossing one time and saw a rail car with the name "Polish Ocean Lines" on it once. Wonder if they were cracking on themselves? Guess they didn't have an issue with it if they were.

For the longest time while Ive grown up here in the area the nob of the joke was the Polish and I'd be right there tellin 'em with the best of 'em. Then when I was about 17 I found I was part Polish! Talk about laff ur a off. I did too ;)
I think each and every race creed and religion has it's own place in the long list of jokes we call the human race. I think the sooner we realize this and are able to laugh ourselves, the faster we all can appreciate each other for what ones' unique positives can brings to the table.

Life is very tiresome wearing your heart on your sleave. And I'll be the first to attest to that :D

-Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back