Bangaii Cardinals / St. Pete Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.

david8956

**Mods...if necessary to close this thread please don't delete it**

There was an earlier thread where a member felt his fish were stolen, and posted some pretty strong things. I'm just trying to help set the record straight as I am the person Frank from St. Pete Marine picked the Cardinals up from.

Rob, I have known you for a long time. You and I have always been straight with each other. When Frank was here last night picking up the rock he asked if I already had "homes" for the fish. I started explaining who was getting what, that I had gotten these Cardinals from you a few years ago and was giving them to you to use as breeders. Frank said he knew you and would take them to his place for you to pick them up there as he is much closer to you than I am. He suggested I send you a PM to let you know they were at his place to save you from driving to Tampa. I did that last night. The way he spoke it appeared he knew you well, and as such I thought you may appreciate that.

Apparently, the "Rob / Robert" he was thinking about was someone else....I don't think I ever called Rob by his RC name so I can see how that happened. Now I don't know Frank, nor have I ever been to his store, but he has been here twice for some of the stuff I was selling and has always been a great guy to deal with. At this point I have nothing but nice things to say about him, he has never done or said anything to make me feel otherwise.

Rob, I really believe this may have just been a misunderstanding. I'll PM you Frank's number and you can pick the fish up. I really don't think he was trying to do anything but be helpful.

If anyone does reply to this thread, please keep comments positive, we don't need to have another thread closed. I just hated to see someone get "bashed" here when, in my opinion, he was trying to help someone else out. Since I was part of this transaction and could give a first hand account of what happened I felt I should do so to hopefully clear things up.

David

I agree, Frank and St.Pete Marine have been very helpful to a lot of our club members and has gone out of his way many times to help out the TBRC and fellow reefers.

Sorry for the mixup Rob, but I also believe he was trying to do a good deed for you. He buys his fish wholesale I sure he doesn't care about getting a few Bangaii Cardinals from anyone. Please try and keep posts positive and drama free.

IMHO: Always call the source first, just like with the receint Coral Corral post, I suggest talking with the store owners first and if need be even ask one of the TBRC BOD's to help work it out before posting. Then if all else, post your thoughts that don't defame anyone.

IMHO: Always call the source first, just like with the receint Coral Corral post, I suggest talking with the store owners first and if need be even ask one of the TBRC BOD's to help work it out before posting. Then if all else, post your thoughts that don't defame anyone.

For the record, since you brought it up. In the CC situation, the owner was called beforehand. In the long run, I personally am glad that it all got worked out. (CC is a quality store. Not my favorite, but a good one anyway.) And I hope that this one does as well. Pierre has a nice store as well as Frank. We should feel fortunate to have as many great stores in our area as we do.

"ask the TBRC BOD's to help work it out"????

What pull do ya really think TBRC has with stores that may or MAY NOT be sponsors? Not to say the agenda is there, but favorotism should never be a factor in decision making for the masses.

David, if Rob doesn't want the Bangaii anymore, I'll pick them up and send you $20. Let me know. Hopefully that will help to resolve the friction.

One of the great things about TBRC is the willingness to help each other out. I had people from the Skyway offered out of the blue to pick up $10 frag at Largo to deliver it to Holiday or Tarpon Spring. The delivery person even offered to front the cash.

sounds like the store was trying to help someone out plus maybe bring in a new customer. Not have someone sound like someone took their tonka truck and are yelling for their mother that it was stollen. I would love to hear that phone call to the police department. also the person posting works for bank of america who is stealing from who? we are fortunate that we have stores in our area that attend our meetings and go out of there way to help us out.

I have been to St. Pete Marine many times and never had any shady experiences. Even had them replace a fish that did not make it after a couple of days.. Sounds like a temper tantrum occurred to me.

How did you come up with bank of america? Not even close. I am not in the banking industry in any way. At least I told the truth as I know it. And just so you do know something I bank at suntrust.
So you are saying it's ok to take something that doesn't belong to you in order to get new customers? Classy to say the least.
And of course a temper tantrum occured. Kind of funny how my mailbox has been getting hit with people supporting my beliefs and stories of why others deal with this store just like me. They are people that I know have nice tanks so I don't feel so bad about the company I keep and don't. The real funny stuff was said at the other local stores.

um i guess i misread your occupation before rc changed its format, i could have sworn that it said bank of america. i never said or implied that they took the fish to get you in the store. wow. lesson to a store owner, dont try to help! and by the way ive never even been to st pete. marine so im not showing any loyalty, i shop at faois. but they are an active sponsor of tbrc, attend meetings, can get his own cardinals for like 3bucks, and the person who actually owns the fish gave them to him to give to you, so 2 people trying to help you out. ok im taking my toys and going home now had to give my 2c again.

are we still going on about this geez get over it I was there yesterday and just like i said in my post in the closed thread he thought you were a different rob all he was trying to do was help you out and save you an hour or so drive to get them. and btw I don't know why the heck you would want them back anyway they are a couple of the ugliest cardinals i have ever seen and i could not find a fin on either one of them that wasn't shredded. Again your running your mouth without all the facts, David messaged you to tell you that frank was holding them for you and frank messaged you to tell you that he was holding them for you. SO to me that doesn't sound like someone that would be trying to steal something from you. can we be done with this already.

Frank never contacted me until after I contacted him. I have everything saved. You are near me please stop by so I can show you everything and you can make your conclusion from real facts and not someone's word even my own. Everything is time stamped by rc and his first words to me has a big RE in the title.
Yes barfish you also have me confused with someone else. My occupation said not allowed to post for some reason. Sound familiar now?
The store in mention is an hour round trip from me depending on traffic. How is this help?
I get to his area 1 or twice a year for taco tuesday at fergs.
Now my point was most likely made by you noob with the fish looking poorly. I can only assume since they were in daves tank for so long they were healthy when they left his place. 2 days and they look bad must be a real nice system they are in. Your over it yet you still reply. Since you proved my point so well yes I am done with this now.

Closed, again. If you are going/want to work it out do so off of RC. Anymore posts or threads about this will result in a loss of membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back