bar keepers friend reef safe to clean glass residue?

I'm pretty sure it says to be careful to rinse BK friend completely if used on things you're going to eat off of or cook on so I would say no way do you put it inside the tank. Can't you just use a razor blade or a flipper?

I used Bar Keeper's friend on my current 220 gallon tank when I bought it used. Had hard water stains that I couldn't get off with vinegar. Worked pretty good. Just rinse thoroughly when done. Did my in the front yard and rinsed several times with garden hose. Took a couple applications

I used Bar Keeper's friend on my current 220 gallon tank when I bought it used. Had hard water stains that I couldn't get off with vinegar. Worked pretty good. Just rinse thoroughly when done. Did my in the front yard and rinsed several times with garden hose. Took a couple applications

great and so obviously no harm was done to any of your livestock right?

I just cleaned a nasty empty 10 gallon I picked up for free with a Brillo pad (the steel wool with the chemical in it). Rinsed thoroughly and washed with dish soap after then rinsed a million times. Now the freshwater fish in it are still alive so maybe that could be an option too.

Not sure if BKF has the same stuff in it. If so I retract my earlier statement lol

No harm was done. Tank was set up as a reef and fish and coral are growing. Been up and running about six months now and no issues

Back