BAR welcomes NVR to our annual swap

tuberider

Where's Lahey?
Premium Member
Bay Area Reefers Northern California Regional Frag Swap - Propagate, share, diversify!

The BAR regional frag swap is intended to promote the propagation, sharing and ‘backing up’ of corals within the reefing community. In this event, BAR values a spirit of generosity in support of the hobby and all its participants.
This swap is open to everyone. Meet and hang out with your fellow hobbyists. Share and enjoy the diversity of corals grown by your fellow reefers.

How to participate in the swap in an easy to read format:
• Entry Fee: $10 prepay (before July 29), $15 late pay (after July 29), and $20 the day of the swap. Entry fee includes at least lunch and coral dip, and the prepayment gives us a head count for the food provider.
• Extra food can be purchased directly from the food provider for guests and very hungry participants.
• Coral: 3 or more strains
• If you have no coral to donate to the swap there is an additional $20 participation fee
• All fees payable by paypal to paypal@bareefers.org.
For an updated list of people who are registered for the swap, please click here and scroll to the bottom of the page

For questions about the swap, please post to this thread or here

Day of swap, August 9th, 2008:
• The swap is held at ASAP in Hayward, CA
• Registration from 11am to 12:30 pm
• Swap proper begins at 1 pm
• There will be no rare picking group
• Raffle follows the swap - grand prizes include a 4 foot Tru Vu sump and an Big RODI unit!

How to participate explained in greater detail:
http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?page=18

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12886840#post12886840 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by friendorfoe
I will be there with bells on my toes!:D
You'll be easy to identify:lol:

Thanks for the heads up. I'll email all of the members soon with the general info... most of them are not active on this forum.

Just a heads up for those of you traveling from outside the immediate area, we plan on having plenty of help during the check in period to expedite things, and to have a 1:00 hard start. If you arrive after 12:30 you will automatically be placed in the last picking group.

I know it sounds harsh, but it's not fair for those people that made the effort to show up on time. Also, we're making a concerted effort to keep timing smooth, and those that show late cut into the BODs time, and those are the people running the event, which makes for a late start.

We're all looking forward to a great swap, and a fun gathering of friends!

Allright! Tomorrow is the big day! That means today is the last day to prepay for entry. Save yourself a couple of bucks and preregister.

We ask that registration be completed by tonight at 5:00PM to ease the last minute burden on Bryan. We will be accepting prepays until 9:00PM for those of you that can't access PayPal during the earlier hours, earlier registration is preferred.

See you at the swap!!

Back