Barlett Anthias help

MarkRN312

Hey everyone. My barlett anthias is 2 months old and yesterday he would not eat at all. I usually feed him 2x a day and he eats everything. He also stopped swimming in the front of the tank and hides out in the back corner in a sleeping position-fins erect swimming only occasionally. His breathing is fine, no spots, no cuts, all water parameters are WDP. Three days ago I upgraded from (4) maxi900's to (2) koralia-3's. I kept one maxi900 in the back. So I have (2) koralia-3's and one Maxi900. Do you guys think I have too much flow in the tank for the anthias? The only other thing I can think of is my six line picking on him, but they lived together for over a month(the anthias added first) with no prob. What do you all think? Ill post pics of my pump position later. Thanks!

Attachments

• 101_0973.jpg
    101_0973.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 0
These are not real hardy fish. I doubt that flow is the problem, although any change to a fragile fish can affect it.

I moved a couple of rocks around in my old tank and mine died like within hours from the stress.

The flow shouldn't be a problem. I had a small harem, about 7, of Bartletts in my 180 for about 6 months (then I went on my honeymoon and came back to 3). They can make it for quite a while and then all of a suddon, go into isolation and be done. Seemed to me if the tank had any Nitrates what so ever, they would change and you had better fix it fast. All anthias are like this, very very touchy fish. Sixline shouldn't be too big of a problme cuz Bartletts are the bully fish of anthias and can usually take care of itself. If you can move it to a QT that would be the best option, especially if it's been like this for over a day. Once they stop eating, the end is usually near. Hope this kinda helps...good luck.

I keep two males and 6 females in my 300. Bartletts are one of the hardiest Anthias out there and generally do very well in captivity. Yes, they are skiddish when you work in the tank and will hide pretty well until they believe all is well in their environment again.

May be aggression from your wrasse. I have seen this with my Lubbock before when adding new females to the system.

thanks everyone, I moved around the koralias and put them in a wave maker to help alternate and ease the flow. He is still not eating but looks healthy. Still fat, no discoloration, no spots. he is just always in sleeping position(fin extended) and not eating. I Hope this equipment will help, i dont have a QT but if this goes on for a couple days longer, and he is still fighting, I will try to make mt 5gal buckets into a temp QT, is that all kosher?

Flow shouldn't be an issue. As others stated Bartletts are very hardy when it comes to Anthias. I rip flow through a 35g tank with a VorTech MP40, Tunze 6025 + return flow and have 3 Bartlett Anthias. I also only feed once every day... sometimes every other day.

They are extremely active... so if you're noticing a change in behavior that is causing you concern, I would begin looking at other variables. Also, I would not put it past a Sixline to take out a Bartlett.

Good luck.

Tswifty- what else could it be if my amm is 0 NO3 is and NO4 is less than 20? All other fish and corals are healthy and eating.

pic of the anthias

pic of the anthias

Here is what he looks like now. He has been acting this way for three days now. Still not eating and not swimming much, but looks healthy...weird right?:confused:

Attachments

• 101_1004.jpg
    101_1004.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 0
Back