Bashsea Bio Mass Reactor Tubing Size

zeeter

Just picked up the reactor the other day. Went to set it up and found that it requires a Air Input Diameter (Hose Barb) of 1/8". Of course, my air pump uses the standard 3/16" tubing which is too small. Being that 1/8 is smaller than 3/16, I'm confused on what size tubing I need for this. Any thoughts?

Just picked up the reactor the other day. Went to set it up and found that it requires a Air Input Diameter (Hose Barb) of 1/8". Of course, my air pump uses the standard 3/16" tubing which is too small. Being that 1/8 is smaller than 3/16, I'm confused on what size tubing I need for this. Any thoughts?
Yep confusing. How about a picture with the tubing and barb side by side?

Yep confusing. How about a picture with the tubing and barb side by side?
I'm not sure that's going to help, but here's a picture. The barb is in the lower corner on the bottom. It's just a hose barb.
The tubing is our standard air hose tubing. I assume we all know what that looks like.
The barb is much larger than the tubing is the problem.
bashsea_bio-reactor_8-24_blu_2-4_pb-b-541x920.png

bashsea_bio-reactor_8-24_blu_side_pb-b-595x1420.png

Heating the tubing under hot water will make it soft enough to stretch over or using silicone tubing does the same thing. If that fitting is larger than standard air tubing you can get all different sizes of vinyl tubing at home depot that should work.

Heating the tubing under hot water will make it soft enough to stretch over or using silicone tubing does the same thing. If that fitting is larger than standard air tubing you can get all different sizes of vinyl tubing at home depot that should work.
Yep

Nothing like a bit of brute force to get the job done. Worked after soaking the end in hot water for about fifteen seconds. Thanks for that advice.

The system seems to get airlocked a lot. Gurgles a great deal and overflowed one time.

Back