Bayer advanced dipping

mario420

I have read a lot about dipping corals in Bayer advanced. It seems very successful. I am looking for a little feed back.

I am looking to dip larger colonies in a gallon of water. How much Bayer would you use?

Have you dipped anything else besides sps? If so which types of corals and was it successful?

Is it really possible to leach Bayer back in to the tank if a coral is attached to a rock? Can I just soak the and rinse the coral and rock thoroughly to prevent this?

I use 10ml to one cup of water(4 oz). W/ acros, works good, better polyp extension after.
I would be wary of dipping a large rock--no way to rinse well enough to not possibly kill pods. Maybe run carbon after dipping.

I use 10ml to one cup of water(4 oz). W/ acros, works good, better polyp extension after.
I would be wary of dipping a large rock--no way to rinse well enough to not possibly kill pods. Maybe run carbon after dipping.

You just have to do enough rinses/soaks. I just got done doing this a few nights ago on some zoanthid rocks i purchased. My fuge still has fantastic pods =D I did rinse 3 times and then soaked in more fresh saltwater over night.

Back