Bazooka Joe Bleaching?

Emc2

I noticed this guy lightening up where a new eye was forming last week. He has progressively gotten worse over the past couple of days until today I noticed it was expelling xoathella (sp?).

My kh is 7
Ph is 8.0
Ca 340
temp 79.9
Salinit 1.025

I've moved him to a shadier spot in my tank. The tank has 2 x 150 watt mh 10,000k's and this coral was located pretty low. I've moved him to a shadier spot. Any thoughts?

86295Joe.jpg

Well kH and calcium is low. But I would be more inclined to say its your magnesium. What is your mag level?

I agree, Mag, Kh, and Ca are all too low. All 3 are extremely important for chalices, esp. mag and Kh.

I'm waiting on a regulator to get my ca reactor running. things will improve after that.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12869439#post12869439 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Emc2
I'm waiting on a regulator to get my ca reactor running. things will improve after that.

You know a reactor is only meant to maintain levels not raise them, right?

I'm using a two part to raise them. I was having difficulty b/c I have one soft coral that is not happy when I add it. I can't dose it in large quantities. I was not supplementing mag though.

Back