beananimal overflow question


New member
Is it possible to sue a regular tee instead of a sanitary tee? im having trouble locally sourcing one in pvc and i dont want to use a mix of pvc and abs. If it isnt possible, i will take the extra effort of finding one but before i go through that, i would rather find out if i need it. Thank you for any responses i get ahead of time.


New member
Absolutely. They don't make a sanitary tee in anything less than 1-1/2" so if you're going 1" you don't have a choice. The opinion of some is that the sanitary tee allows the water to flow down quieter than the regular tee. I've used both and never noticed a difference between the two types of tee for a Bean Animal overflow.