beananimal

I am here...

The NW pump is a stock Ocean Runner 3700 (a 3500 with a Needle Wheel). I simply used epoxy and glue on the proper fittings to adapt the pump to my skimmer.

Honestly? I am not happy with the OR3700. It is noisy and the bubbles start to get too large at about 25 SCFH of air. The pump fails to start sometimes also.

I modified a little giant, and I am very close to a great deal of success, I am currently using a 1/8 pins diameter. What size pins do you recommend for the small bubbles?

I have no idea. I have never played around with the DIY needle wheels. smjtjk, spazz, hahnmeister and a few other folks would be the ones to ask. They have all worked with DIY NW designs.

soon youre going to be no better than the good dr farley... answering entire posts with your high-falutin links and all :lol:

j/k. actually i was starting to feel your pain seeing you write those same replies over and over again....

BeanAnimal- Very nice site, on your 6' skimmer how has the twistlock held up? Any problems with it or changes you would make if you were to do it again?

Thanks for the kind words!

The twistlock has held up just fine. I am not real happy with the pump choice. I will not use nylon thumbscrews ever again. They stretch too easily and that causes them to be rather cumbersome to remove. I would either use stainless or studs with wingnuts. Taking the skimmer body tube off is very hard on the fingers.

I would also refine the indexing method I used to drill the flange mounting holes. They are not perfect and therefore the flange holes do not line up in any random position like they should.

Back