Beckett skimmers

scotmc

Moved On
Can some educate me on this type of skimmer. How do they differ from NW type skimmers? Do they preform better?

Thanks

dont buy a beckett skimmer, to much mainteance keeping the becketts clean from debris and having to prefilter the water so debris dosent get throgh.
i had a duel beckett mrc skimmer nothing but problems keeping becketts preforming good for proper foaming.

they use a injector with a pressure rated pump that creates a large compressed stream of water and air that crashes down a tube and usually enters a mixing box .i consider them a very stable and set and forget type skimmer.they are power hungry though.downdraft style skimmers have been around fore ever but years ago they were used primarily for commercial application and very large systems.in the last decade they have been downsized enough to become more popular.

they are a high performance skimmer.they work great for tanks that require very low nutrient.also it is a skimmer for long term.when i first researched them,the owner of the company said i will not be disappointed and it will be the last skimmer i will buy.he told the truth.i have bought about 6 skimmers before this one and upgraded yearly as my system grew.my smaller tanks have ets downdrafts also.i use the evolution 500 on my frag tanks.they are built with comercial quality.

Has anyone used a Kz revolution skimmer?
i have not heard good or bad on this

Thanks for your help. If your tank is any indication of this skimmers abilities. I am very impressed.

I have to agree with the fact that EXCEPT for the power consumption, they are great skimmers. I love mine. I too mave a MRC2 with dual injectors. A simple strainer on the pump intake keeps debris out of the pump/becketts.

Back