Bedroom tank, does it....distract you?

Logzor

My tank is in the living room but I figure some people have them in the bedroom. Does anyone get distracted when they are busy, like "wait, stop! That crab just knocked over my blue tort".

yes arg, not to mention ill wake up in the middle of the night and SWEAR ill hear water just flowing over the sides, but i am wrong.....usually thank god

Absolutely not...the gentle hum of the HOB filter, and the sound of running water....I actually love it.

haha good thread.
yea im with detroit on this one. Ill wake up or ill be watchin somehting and swear I hear water just flowing out of my tank.

Re: Bedroom tank, does it....distract you?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12931991#post12931991 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Logzor
My tank is in the living room but I figure some people have them in the bedroom. Does anyone get distracted when they are busy, like "wait, stop! That crab just knocked over my blue tort".
He meant busy, folks. Not busy sleeping. :rollface:

Mines in my room.. i enjoy the humming of it. I am a deep sleeper so nothing can really wake me up at night. I actually sleep better with noise (t.v, music, people talking) whatever it is puts me right to sleep!

if the tank can distract you on the heat of the moment, the moment must not be that hot. :lol:

yeah i am with Schwe, i don't think i would "stop" because a crab knocked over a coral, i can get the coral later, i might not be able to get "this" later lol if i stop to mess with the tank.

-matt

My tank is in my living room, bed room is very close to it and I have to sleep with ear plugs because it is too loud for me to be able to fall asleep.

Im married with 2 kids, it doesnt come along very often. Im not stoppin for nothin. Even if my 125gal crashes to the floor in the living room. A little tank in the bedroom wouldnt bother me one bit.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12934413#post12934413 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by PaulieWalnuts
yeah i am with Schwe, i don't think i would "stop" because a crab knocked over a coral, i can get the coral later, i might not be able to get "this" later lol if i stop to mess with the tank.

-matt

if you cant get "this" later then you needs to improve dem skillz :lol:

i need some quiet sleep. im a light sleeper.. had a tank in my room and ill never do that again; glad theyre in the living room

Back