benifits of dosing tank with vadka

newreef06

What do you think the pros are to dosing your tank with vadka. I was wondeing If it improves coral growth. Also If it makes fish more healthy

Scott

As seems to be appropriate (and traditional), I will add that I just dosed MYSELF with vodka tonight...approximately 150ml did the trick!! :)

newreef06,
I've used the formula/dosage guide in the reefkeeping article and found that it has been helping my 29G reef tremendously. I had a bad case of hair algae that I could never get rid of completely, and two weeks of dosing vodka and it's gone for good. I also think the color of my corals, particularaly my monti caps, have improved. If you have excess nutrients leading to algae in your tank, dosing vodka can be a very good thing.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13981997#post13981997 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bryman
...dosing vodka can be a very good thing.
Or at least makes the fish not give a darn. :beer:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13980747#post13980747 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by texhorns98
As seems to be appropriate (and traditional), I will add that I just dosed MYSELF with vodka tonight...approximately 150ml did the trick!! :)

next time drink it ---even better results then dosing yourself with it;) :mixed:

Man ok i understand this is an expensive hobby, but that where i draw the line. Start waisting vodka on a tank now you guys are gfetting out of hand!!!! haha Just kidding interesting concept.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13982987#post13982987 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gnorts
Man ok i understand this is an expensive hobby, but that where i draw the line. Start waisting vodka on a tank now you guys are gfetting out of hand!!!! haha Just kidding interesting concept.

waisting vodka:eek2: I think someone is already wasted:lol: :rollface: :lol:

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13985502#post13985502 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by WaterKeeper
Especially since the Coast Guard has spot checks out during the holiday season. ;)

Can fish swim in a straight line if asked too?

Would dosing vodka with orange juice help with the fish's required daily vitamin c?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13986408#post13986408 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Randall_James
well at least this place has not lost its sense of humor :) glad to see you still working away Waterkeeper..

Waterkeeper does bring humour and fun to Reef Central and I don't think he has to work at it--it just comes naturally.

but I am sure his mindset is "its better to laugh with him then at him":lol: :rollface: :lol:

Back