Best $100 Protein Skimmer?

onetrickpony

Premium Member
I am looking for a Protein Skimmer for my nano setup, total water volume 40g, The SC Aquariums SCA-301 Protein Skimmer is $100,Is the a better deal out there, value for the $

Thanks

i have yet to find a decent skimmer in that range. i had some of the hold hang on back cheapos and well they stunk. I have the hob 2000 and its a champ for 225$

I have an Aquatic Life 115 hang on skimmer on my 27 cube. Rated for 30 Gal (My total volume is slightly over.) It has worked quite well in the last year and a half for a smaller skimmer, and it's easy to take apart and clean.. Great price too at around $50.

I would look at a Tunze 9001 or 9004 in that price range, depending on your intended bioload.

9004 tunze, i have an aqua c in sump thats pretty old in an old reef. I won a 9004 in a raffle and hooked it up just see, well it kicks the aqua c butt , just about makes it useless . BTW the aqua c has a mag 9.5 on it drawing like 85 watts,is abit noisy , and cost about 300 plus a hundred for the pump . The Tunze 9004 draws 4 watts, is 1/4 the size , is silent and cost like $ 150

Back