Best adhesive for thick acrylic?

New2NaCl

What's the best adhesive to join 3/4 inch or 1 in thick acrylic/Plexi/Lexan cell cast panels for a large tank?

weldon #40 or 42 and stay away from the lexan.......no good for a tank...and only use cell cast.....

I wouldn't recommend 3 or 4 on such a thick piece with out lots of experince stick with 40 or 42 reason being is the bubbles they will cause... I'm not sure your exact case but from the sounds of it you probally have never worked with acrylic just by reading your post I would say get some scraps and practice practice practice before attempting a big tank they are a challenge and take more than one person to do.... If you really have no experenince with acrylic and you just go for it most likely it is gonna be a expensive mistake the stuff isn't cheap....also could be a huge flood in your house....like I said earlier I don't know your exact scenario..... I would find someone with some exp. And have them give you a hand and some pointers while you are practicing once you got it down then maybe go foe the gusto..... Jmo I have been doing it for 15yrs and It still isn't easy for me...

Back