Best airstone for skimmer

Bobba

I have a small airstone type protein skimmer made by Glazer over on NR forum. I am in need of a new wood airstone and have searched for reviews with no success. I read Coralife use to make some good ones but they stopped selling them. Tropic Marin, Red Sea, Lees and Gnome are a few of the ones I have seen. And no, I do not want to make my own. I would appreciate anyones thoughts as to whether one is better than the others.
Thanks
Bob

I was actually thinking about ordering a couple of the ones that Gnome sells! They are pretty pricey compared to others though. The one I am using now creates plenty of bubbles but I would rather see more of a foam being created.

I used the tropic marin ones on my old MTC skimmer and they worked pretty good. The coralife ones worked best. I remember being ****ed when they stopped selling them.

Well, I just ordered a few of the Gnome supplied airstones. Will give a quick review once they arrive. Pricing was actually good once I figured out how they post on the website.
Thanks
Bob

bob, When you get them I look forward to reading your review I've been wanting to try the gnome ones. I like their skimmer too if I ever setup another nano I may try one...

Back