Best brand of T-5's

fattyratrat

I am looking to buy several 6 foot (or 2xseveral 3 foot) T-5's to put on a 125g. I would be using retrofit kits to mount them all on a board hanging above the tank. What are some experiences with T-5 brands out there? are they all pretty much the same as long as you don't buy some Japanese import from ebay?

thanks for the help.

i like to buy ATI only, just my preference. i might try KZ ones later. different bulbs putout different PAR and i guess thats where the....better brand thing kicks in.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12924667#post12924667 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by svynx
I recently bought a Nova Extreme Pro T5HO. 6 bulbs. Works wonders on my 55gal.
i bet cause it does wonders on my 90

I also use the ATI bulbs. Make sure the T5 retros have the individual parabolic reflectors. I use the ATI bulbs along the ice cap reflectors.

I was going to do individual reflectors anyways, and i guess i will go with ATI's. I bought one of nova's lower end models of T-5's for a fresh water planted tank and was not very satisfied.

As for color temperature, i was going to have a 1:1 ratio of 50/50 to actinic, and then some 10k halides running for a few (maybe 8) hours a day.

Thanks a lot for the help.

geissmann are the best, and probably the most expensive, but if you want the best then buy the best, i agree with winnies opinion on the best about, mine are actually made by jewel (german as well) they are only 30" long and are 15000k whites, they are seriously bright, geissmanns are just as effective

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12925530#post12925530 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by WinnipegDragon
UVL, ATI, Geissmann are all good.

i cannot find any websites that sell any of these brands. could someone shoot me in the right direction? google didn't help me.

thanks again.

Back