Best feed pump for a Korallin C-1502?

Rovert

Premium Member
I feed mine off my skimmer pump. I drilled a hole in the PVC, cemented an airline nipple in, and that took care of it. There is a potential disadvantage to doing it this way, though, because if you turn your skimmer off for cleaning or feeding, the flow to the reactor is greatly reduced, and the CO2 might accumulate. Hasn't been a problem for me, but the possibility exists.

SDguy

Fish heads unite!
Premium Member
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10402650#post10402650 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Rovert
I feed mine off my skimmer pump. I drilled a hole in the PVC, cemented an airline nipple in, and that took care of it. There is a potential disadvantage to doing it this way, though, because if you turn your skimmer off for cleaning or feeding, the flow to the reactor is greatly reduced, and the CO2 might accumulate. Hasn't been a problem for me, but the possibility exists.

I did the same thing, but off my sump return pump. I also went a bit fancier with a screw in JG fitting with valve, so I can stop the flow without turning off the sump pump. Also, I rarely turn off my sump pump.

sabodish

agree with SD guy, i have done mine this way twice, works great..the only disadvantage i have is i sometimes see fish poop in my reactor being it is supplied off my sump and i have ZERO room to hang a filter sock on the outlet of my skimmer. my skimmer is fed right from my overflow.

HDAlien

Unfortunately feeding this way is impossible in my set up, therefore I need to use a power head.