Best fish for flatworms

Woogiekids

No Flatworm exit going into this tank. It has too many delicate creatures (sea apple, orange haddoni, OSFF...) to risk it.

28gallon JBJ, and what I thought was macro algae turned out to be a heck of a flat worm infestation. Dipped a few rocks that I can remove easily already, and working on getting a siphon ready.

Any ideas on a fish? I'm thinking a yellow coris wrasse. A six line would most likely be too aggressive.

TIA

Alissa

Best thing would be to Syphon them daily with airline tubing, the more aggressive you are the better.
I remember trying to coach a few fish to eat them by decreasing the flow in the tank and then blowing them by a pipet so fish would see them. believe it or not one purple firefish was jumping at them more aggressively than a sixline and yellow cories... not sure if it ever picked the ones on the glass or rocks or if it only ate them when floating.
Fresh water dips to any rocks you can take out is the fastest way to kill them.

My six line wrasse is a very active flat worm killer. From what I have heard six line wrasse
is hit or miss when it comes to eating flat worms

Funky

I have had a melanarus for like 2-3 years & since it when in, everything else (flat worms, bristle worms, snails, etc) went out!

See if your LFS will let you return the blue velvet nudi after you rid the tank. All the fish I have tried have been hit or miss.

Back