best fish shop in la?

gtfcniles

Hey everyone I'm from England got to L.A. yesterday staying in Santa Monica can anyone recommend a quality fish shop, would love to see how you guys do it over here? Anyone recommend any must things to do? Thanks everyone!

Hey everyone I'm from England got to L.A. yesterday staying in Santa Monica can anyone recommend a quality fish shop, would love to see how you guys do it over here? Anyone recommend any must things to do? Thanks everyone!

Visit Manhattan Beach [park near the pier] and then go to Aquatic Fantasy
(310) 798-7333 531 N Pacific Coast Hwy, Redondo Beach, CA

There are currently over 130 retail stores in the greater LA/Orange County area dedicated to the saltwater hobby, so thats a pretty tough question to ask.

Age of Aquariums and Coral Oasis are two personal favorites of mine, but both are closer to Orange County. Tongs in Fountain Valley should certainly be seen as well if visiting the other two suggested.

Kevin

Vivid Aquariums in Canoga Park

+1 for Vivid.

I would also stop by Amazing Aquariums and Reefs in Orange, CA as well if you make the drive to Orange County. It is about 40 miles south of Santa Monica but no telling how long it will take depending on when you go. In case no one has warned you, Southern California freeways are always clogged especially during rush hour. Try to plan around that if you decide to drive (and please drive on the other side of the road as well... :spin1:).

I enjoy Vivid because it doesn't have that cliche cramped/tanks stacked over you feel of most fish stores. Though they are in an industrial park, it's much better to have a little breathing room and be able to enjoy the store a bit - plus they have a great selection. Makes you want to stay for 20-30 minutes and just browse as opposed to getting in and getting out of most fish stores I go to.

I have not come to vivid aquarium personally, but have gone to most of the local fish stores in southern CA. Is there a "Fry's" version of local fish store like in computer world? I don't think there is one in southern CA. I guess the overhead would be too much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~aquaticoutlet~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
5310 W. Century Blvd. Los Angeles CA 90045

biggest fish store in LA and they also import fresh sea water filled with micro organism pods ect. 20$ for 60 gallons of it but its a little price unless your a member there they also import rare and hard to come by fishes and corals usually preordering from them gives you a discount to

BUT vivid aquariums is much better i never been inside personally but there online selection is pretty good

Check out allens aquarium in venice they have a ok sellection of fish some corals not a big selection other than them the aquarium in culver city that's the only 2 I used to go to when I lived in SM

Back