Best LFS in Houston Area for Reef Inhabs?

bluesponge

Best LFS in Houston Area for Reef Inhabs?

I recently moved to The Woodlands, TX (N. Houston) from SF Bay Area CA. The best LFS was Aquarium Concepts in Hayward, CA hands down in the bay area for reef.

But I find most LFS's here are ghetto, i.e. old shack warehouses calling them selfs exotic fish stores...lol (probably due to radiation?)

Anyways anyone in the area, help would be appreciated.

Best,
Joe

Servillius

I've lived in a bunch of countries in my time. Houston requires getting used to, but when it starts to grow on you, it really is one of the best places there are to live. I love it here now (the heat gets easier to deal with, but I'm not going to pretend its the most scenic place around). Welcome to the neighborhood.

My current favorite LFS is a bit far for you, but check i out anyway. Go to the Fish Gallery, its on Kirby at 59. They have their low stock days, but they generally know their thing and have some beautiful tanks to enjoy. Let me know how it compares.

freeswimmingfis

Fish Gallery is good, so is T&T 713-933-3367, but it is way far from you. If you make if that far, talk to Paul (owner) or to Q, both know what they are doing.
Aquaim world on 290 used to be good but I have not been there in a long time.....
Welcome to Texas.

jimsplace

+1 on T&T Dealt with them for over 15 years.

You might also check out Andy at Fish Land on Westheimer near Eldridge.

bluesponge

thanks guys! Fish Gallery looks good. I will check them out. I plan on purchasing a large Qceanic Tech Series or another bow front reef ready soon. 120 - 180ish.

But purchasing liverock etc from stores is expensive. So I will try to buy online or used, but liverock pieces you need to see before you buy sometimes.

Toss up between LFS vs. liveaquaria.com type of online shop.

Catastrophi

Global Leader Aquatics for sure. Definitely not a shack. He has a website just google em. I'm sure you'd be impressed.