Best paint for aquarium painting

RoGeTa

Title pretty much says it all. I've never thought about painting an aquarium before, so I have no clue lol. What I do know, is that after having that black plastic stuff that comes off of the rolls in aquarium stores, I am painting my new one! Help is appriciated!

I just finished a search on "tank paint" -- Hoping for the same answers. I seem to see "Krylon" "Fusion" popping up a lot. Sounds like it is relatively more chip/scratch resistant after curing than most.

Awesome! Thanks for the speedy replies! I thought I was the only one left up lol. Everytime I go to use the search, it never works for me ): So, I really appreciate the help!

So, I just googled Krylon Fusion, and it said it was for plastics? Just to be on the safe side, I decided I would make sure someone has used this on glass lol

yes, fusion line is specially designed to adhere to plastics. ive heard some boo's about it adhering (over time) to like..pvc piping in tank and that sort of thing, but havent heard anything bad about it as far as being used to paint the back of tanks.

goodluck

If your painting the back of your tank why not just paint the outside? Krylon fusion works for the inside, but if its for the back I have no idea why you would paint the inside.

Thanks for all the replies everyone! I definitely meant for the outside of the tank. I assume Krylon will still work though?

If your going to paint the outside of your tank the easiest way is to use latex paint and roll it on. If you every want to change the color the latex is easy to remove.

I used Krylon Fusion about 6 mo. ago on the back of my tank and it 's still looking good.....used about 2 or 3 coats

latex paint can easily be pealed off, spray paint you will have to scrape off. Seems like an easy choice to me!!

instead of paint, i used black contact paper from a hobby store. i have some small bubbles but i'm happy with the results and even happier it is removable. just anyother idea...

Back