Best Salt salt for maintaining basic levels

Wretch

Setting up an Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 20 Pro and it will be mostly SPS. Would like to maintain all my basic levels with water changes weekly or bi weekly. Is there a specific salt that will best help me accomplish this? Would like to hold off dosing if I can. Thanks.

You won't need to dose until they start growing, if you maintain your water parameters. I'd recommend Oceanic for sps or lps. Sps take the most light, absolutely immaculate water quality, very high light. Lps are extremely forgiving, which is what I know pretty well, but Im pretty sure Oceanic would do fine for sps, If you don't want to spring for a dosing system, right off, invest in Salifert tests for alk, cal, mg, definitely a good skimmer for sps, and an autotopoff unit.

Bulk reef supply lists the parameters the salts they sell mix up to. Worth deciding what levels you want to maintain and using their info to help decide which salt you want to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After years of AquaVitro Salinity I'm going to be using Quantum LPS Probiotic Salt. Have heard great things and it mixes clean and fast. Will be trying it in my newest build. Have a crate on the way.

You can start with something basic like IO. Once you find water changes do not keep up with alk demand then start mixing a higher alk salt with your basic salt.

Back