Best skimmer to fit in 8.25" x 10.5" sump section?

zyphen

I have been staring at skimmers all night now and am just as confused as when I started. I am trying to find a skimmer in the $200 to $250 price range that will fit in my 24" x 12" refugium sump which has a skimmer section sized 8.25" x 10.5".

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Choosing a proper skimmer all depends on the water volume of your aquarium.

For anything under 100 gallons total, I usually recommend the reliable Reef Octopus NW-110, which will fit in both your sump and price range! ;)

Also look into a Bubble Magus NAC6 that is around $160. Check the Bubble Magus Club in the equipment section fro information. I picked one up 2 weeks ago and it pulls some really nasty nog out of my 75 mixed reef and really quiet.

Thanks for the responses, the total water volume will be approx 90 gallons.

I looked at the Vertex, but the IN 100 footprint is too large to fit, and the IN 80 seems to not get as good a user rating (please let me know if that is incorrect).

My current front runner is the Octopus Extreme 160, though it is a little more than I had budgeted. Have you found any pros or cons to the skimmers you mentioned? Specifically the Reef Octopus NW110 and the Bubble Magus NAC6? How would they compare to the Reef Octopus Extreme 160?

Back