Best Tank For Home Office

Devin98

Hey Guys,

I am looking to setup a smaller system in my home office, I am looking for something stylish and integrated. I would like something between 30-50 gallons and a system that is fairly bullet proof.

Things I am looking for
1) sump with ATO compartment
2) enough room for a good size in sump skimmer
3) Dosing liquid area
4) quite operation

I am looking for a mixed reef with the target being a good amount of SPS, cost is not much of a limiting factor I am just looking for something quality and stylish will last for years.

Any help on what you would recommend would be great!

-Devin

Sorry I should have mentioned I looked at Elos but it does not appear they will ship to Canada well at least not into Toronto.

You may have luck looking in the classifieds on CL, or in a local forum. I just picked up a nice 38g tank with stand and canopy for $25. This meets most of your requirements. I'm going to plumb the tank myself and pick up all of the components through the classified sections or new. Everything will be sleek and housed under the canopy and in the tank stand and I will be able to grow coral.

I bought a BioCube29 about 6 months ago thinking it would suit all of my needs. After a few hundred dollars in equipment upgrades, I learned that it would have been smarter just to build my ideal setup on my own.

Good luck with your search!

Just go custom, you could get a tank that matches your exact dimensions. Then order the stand from a furniture maker or through the tank manufacturer. You could purchase a sump that would fit and be done. Are you looking for a plug and play system or are you wanting to find all the right parts yourself?

Talk to John at North American Fish Breeders, located on Kingston rd in Scarborough. He is one of the best custom tank builders around. He will build you whatever size or shape you can think of and at an affordable price.

Talk to John at North American Fish Breeders, located on Kingston rd in Scarborough. He is one of the best custom tank builders around. He will build you whatever size or shape you can think of and at an affordable price.

Thats a good point do you know if John will do custom cabinets also or just the tank?

The best tanks I have seen are usually completely custom built/setup in my opinion. Figure out what you plan to use for equipment then design from there.

Thats a good point do you know if John will do custom cabinets also or just the tank?

He just does tanks. But I'm pretty sure he can help you. I think they have a couple of differnt contacts for stands. I know they get iron stands built for them as some of the tanks are very odd sizes.

Innovative marine makes a new Series of AIO tanks that look pretty decent. There would be plenty of room for a non filtration, top off and dosing sump underneath since the tank has the filter in the back. Pricey but starfire and thick glass.

Back