bi-color angel and butterflyfish?

scotbehot

I was looking at fish to populate my aquarium. I think I am set on the bi-color angelfish, but was also looking at getting the triangular butterflyish as well. I was just curious if anyone has had experience with this fish, and whether or not they could tell me yay or nay regarding purchasing this fish. I currently have a 55 gallon with live rock and a cleaning crew. At most I am going to add a tomato clown and anemone. I do really want a butterflyfish in the tank, I know a few are suited quite well. Thanks

Do you plan on having any corals in that tank? IME Bi-colors are one of the worst dwarf angels when it come to being reef safe, I wouldn't even trust them with an anemone. Plus they have a fairly poor track record. They are great looking fish, but I would only even consider one for a fish only (( with live rock )) tank.

Bi colors will come down to the individual. I have had one in my reef tank for quite some time and ive never had a problem with it picking at corals. the worst its done is pick at my sandsifting starfish.

Yeah it is going to be fish only, eventually I want to get the anemone and clown fish, but that is a little further down the line. I am more interested if anyone has had any experience with the triangular butterflyfish?

Back