big problems...

Well, good news, the other clown is up and about, but the wrasse and the shrimp are still mia. I checked all the lines and they are good. I dont know what is causing the bubbles. Tommorow i am going to get some macro and see if that improves any of the conditions. Do They add oxygen to the water and take out co2 like trees and such? And I heard gsp and xenia will remove bad stuff from the water. nitrates nitrites and the like this true?

have you done anything to your tank today that has helped the fish?

or are they just up and about after doing nothing?

just wondering whats up.

Yes macroalgae absorb nutrients and produce O2 while using Co2 for a carbon source in photsynthesis when the lights are on. They do this just like corals do(the zooxanthelae inside corals are algae)and put out some CO2 when the lights are off. That is why many who run refugiums with macroalgae run them on oppositie photo periods fom the display tank. The advantage to macroalgae is that you can harvest it and remove the nutrients it has absorbed when you do so. Chaetomorphasis the favored macro for refugia and it also provides some habitat for microfuana(pods etc.)

I just hooked up a chiller to the system.. Could it be that the chiller is somehow putting bubbles in the system? I turned off the pump that was connected to the chiller and the problem went away after a little while..

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12269414#post12269414 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by acpoweradapter
I just hooked up a chiller to the system.. Could it be that the chiller is somehow putting bubbles in the system? I turned off the pump that was connected to the chiller and the problem went away after a little while..
WOW i dont know exactly how a chiller works, but i would imagine it has some sort of freon running thru it kinda like a dehumidifier.

that would really be a drag if somehow it had a pinhole in one of the parts that come in contact with the water and it was leaking some sort of chemical into the water.

i dunno, im stumped.

Ok, I think I found the problem, but i'm not sure, I checked the connections and on the chiller output line, the little metal thing that holds it tight came off a little bit and some water was leaking out, I don't know if any air was leaking back in but I guess I will find out soon, I tightened it up so in a few hours the results should show.

Back