Biocube 29g at 4 Weeks (Pics)

Great tank!

You have a real knack for placing corals. It looks like they all grew into their places...which is how it should look.

You should enter that bad boy in the Nano TOTM. I already put in a good word for ya!

{sorry bad link}

That tank is sweeeeet.

Last edited:
Gorgeous nano... great inspiration for anyone who wants to start a small tank. That would be a nice addition to a room.

Hey... Thanks everyone!

Well... The tank is now over 6 months old and has grown in even more now. The frogspawn has gone from 2 heads to 5 heads and it killed off that little pizza coral in the middle. Between the button polyps, the mushrooms and the Frogspawn, there is not really any room for anything else. I guess you could say the tank is starting to come into it's own and it will be what it will be. I was originally thinking that the brain maze in the middle would push back the shrooms and button polyps away from it and hold it's own, but that did not happen. There is not much left of the Brain Maze, and will eventually be over run by the polyps and shrooms. That is ok though, the tank looks very nice, but it would have looked a bit better with that maze in the middle still.

I will have to take a picture of it today and post it in here. The Ocellaris Clown is pretty much hiding and coming out at night, probably because of being in the dark for almost 3 months. Hopefully he will eventually come out during the day soon. The Royal Gramma is just like always, diving in and out of the rock work, spending most of his time in the rock work.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13395689#post13395689 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Aj Flip
4 weeks? no way, did u just move over everything from an established tank?

NTOTM all said
Yes, some of it did come from a 24g Eel species NanoCube that the lighting kind of died in it. I decided that keeping an Eel was a little too hard in a small tank with 5-6g weekly water changes and constant nitrates of 20-30ppm. I only do a 5g monthly water change in this tank, which is sweet at 0 nitrates only doing monthly water changes. There is still a little bit of a nutrient problem, with a little bit of hair and ciano algae. Hopefully these will eventually go away as the tank matures some more.

Here are some pictures from today.

20080922biocube.jpg

mushrooms092208.jpg

buttonpolyps092208.jpg

frogspawn092208.jpg

cleanershrimp092208.jpg

skunkclown092208.jpg

Last edited:
Back