Biocube 29g at 4 Weeks (Pics)

rjwilson37

Here we are at just over 4 weeks with this tank, and everything is going great.

20080408biocube.JPG

blueric20080408.JPG

bluezoa20080408.JPG

buttonpolyp20080408.JPG

greenstipe20080408.JPG

20080408upshot.JPG

Your tanks always look so nice RJ. That orangish large polyp colony towards the right, mine like that was sold to me as sun polyps. I have some zoanthids starting to encroach upon that colony. Do you have any problems with zoanthids and that colony of yours?

Thanks everyone!

StunnaShadez: This tank is a new setup, but half of the stuff came from an older aquapod that was setup for 2 years. Basically, The lavender, blue & green stripe mushrooms, the button polyps and the brain maze came from the old tank. All the zoa's, rics, pizza coral, hairy & red mushrooms and frogspawn are new. All the fish are new, because I had an Eel in my old tank with a Maroon Clown and a couple of Damsels.

Ritten: Thanks again there Ritten. Those button polyps I have had for over 2 years and they were going down hill from the Velvet damsel in the old tank picking at them. They are looking a lot better now.

Here is a picture of this tank on week 1,2,3 and now today again on week 4.

20080309biocube.JPG

20080315biocube.JPG

20080322biocube.JPG

20080408biocube.JPG

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12287012#post12287012 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dustin_p
Great job!!!!! The colors are amazing!!! How do you like the Biocube, is it noisy??
Thanks, I do like a lot of color in my tanks.

There is a slight waterfall sound from the back where it flows between the first and second compartments, but it is pleasant not loud.

what ever happened to your aquapod 24 with the snowflake eel...I though how intresting it was to see a tank being kept by unconventional methods...what some would see as overstocking, and religous waterchanges.. The tank was still very stable and looked great. I'm not denouncing or putting down your practices at all, but it was very refreshing to see something inconventional, and that in this hobby not everything is set in stone..

Great jobs on your tanks, do you still have (i think it was a 180)? up and running???

I had a 90g and it was very sweet, but I was gone a lot for work and was not able to enjoy it like I should, so I pieced it out. I had the Aquapod species Eel tank for 2 years and it was a great little tank and was still doing great. The lighting went out in the tank and the Eel was over 24", so I decided to find him a better home. I traded the Eel, Maroon Clown and Damsels in and he was sold to someone with a 120g tank which is definately a better home for him. I moved all existing corals and LR into this new setup and added a few corals and started fresh with some fish and inverts as well as adding a few more corals.

Thanks you two!

I love softies and LPS, because I like to see the corals moving around in the current a bit. I love torches, but they can get out of hand in a smaller tank like this. I love frogspawn and hammers as well, so I decided on this frogspawn, partly because this small two head frag was free, plus it is a beautiful colorful specimen.

Do you have an Ocellaris and a Skunk clown in the same tank? Have they showed any aggression towards one another.

Sorry it took so long to get back on this. I have been gone fishing a lot lately.

They didn't really show any aggression, but the Ocellaris dissapeared. It was there and I left for a long weekend while my family took care of the tank, and when I came back I asked... where is the other clown. They said... hmm... I don't know now that you mention it. So that is a mystery in itself, since no body or even reminiscence's of the body were ever found.

Hey hey there everyone... I found the Ocellaris clown and the Royal Gramma that dissapeared over 2 months ago. I did a really good cleaning today and found them back in the sump area. The clown was in the middle section and the Royal Gramma was in the return pump section.

With my tank against the wall and it being so dark back there, I never saw or found them when they went missing, but with a really good cleaning today, I had my hand in the back middle and was looking for anything that might be at the bottom and I saw the Clown briefly as it swam to the top. I got a net and scooped him out. Then I was puting the pump back in and the Gramma flashed at the top as I was trying to seat the pump suction cups firmly to the bottom. I had to go quickly to the store and purchase one of those really small nets. It took a few minutes of swishing around to get him, but now he is back in the main tank.

I will get some pictures later today and post them up. The tank is still doing well. I lost the pizza coral in the middle because the frogspawn now has like 6 heads, from the original 2 and is getting big.

Back