Biocube Light Problem

Jhigga15

Hello everyone,
One of the Moon lights and one of the hood lights are out in my 14g bio cube. I took the tank apart and I see that the moon light burnt out. After playing around with the wires and the hood lights connections, it seems to be a wiring problem somewhere.

1.Right now I only have coals in the tank, so is it ok to just have the blue lights in the tank and no white light?

2. Has anyone else had this problem and how do I fix it?

Thanks!!!

I have read a lot of issues (seen 5 posts fo far) about people having with lighting with the OEM Oceanic BioCube hoods. I do not plan to use mine. I got a SunPod MH fixture with stands.

Was there corrosion in the hood? Bad sodder job causing short?

One of my lights went out and i thought it was the bulb because it was almost time to replace them so i got a new bulb and it still did not work. After talking with the Oceanic Customer Service, it ended up being the ballast and since i was still under the warrenty I got it for free. Try switching the ballast plugs and see if that works.

I switched the ballast plugs, and they work fine, the problem must be in the wires some where...

One moon light burnt out a long time ago, the tank is about 3 years old

LEDs should last longer than 3 years. I agree. You should just replace the hood. Maybe it is time to upgrade to MH.

i had the same problem, also the transformer for my 10k went out. Call oceanic and complain and they'll send you replacement lights no questions asked

my brother did. he contacted BC and they sent him replacement part ( that he had to install ) much better now GL

Back