Birthday presents came early this year!

jmacc702

My girlfriend bought this for me and we pick it up tomorrow! I can't wait! It seemed like a good deal, what do you guys think?

The picture is kind of small (sorry) its a 65 gallon aquarium with an internal overflow and stand for $379

Attachments

• securedownload-1.jpg
    securedownload-1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Im going to be purchasing an aqueon brand sump, any recommendations on a good skimmer that will fit inside the last chamber?

I don't know if it's a good deal. I buy all my tanks second hand. Have fun setting it up!! My favorite part is adding livestock :rollface:

which proflex sump are going to get.....there is a good thread about the proflex sump and which skimmers folks are using with them...

Could you guys recommend a good T5 fixture that would work for the height of this aquarium (24") I would eventually like to keep all types of corals but I don't want to deal with the excess heat problem provided by MH lighting

Yeah that seems like a pretty good deal. Don't buy the "megaflow" kit for it though. You can go to a homedepot and get all that stuff for pennies on the dollar. Save the $$$ for the fishies.

I was slightly dreading the plumbing aspect of setting up my tank, I'm not the most confident when it comes to DIY projects like this lol

I don't like plumbing either. Hopefully a guy from my local fish club is coming over to plumb me up :) He said he would awhile ago. Should get my finished custom stand, top and the 40g tank this week!

I feel like I can do the plumbing if someone gave me the correct pieces but I'm going to walk into home depot with a deer in headlights expression and a "I need uhh uhh I need Uhh.." description.. :wildone:

so with that design the water fills up the overflow box area and then travels down the tubing into the sump?

i looked at that fixture before and i dont remember why i dod not buy it.

i bought insted the 4 bulb T-5 HO aquaticlife fixture. i was sold on the timer built in.

Looks like a decent fixture, what are you trying to keep?

eventually I would like to have all types of coral.. not a million pieces of coral but a few of each type. I figure I might as well go all out on the lighting the first time around so I'm looking for my best bet for the money. I don't want MH though because of the heating issue

I have the same size tank and have the 36" Nova Extreme Pro T5 6 bulb fixture. My tank is mixed, but SPS dominant. I have clams and RBTAs. Everything is doing great.

I had a 4 bulb light from my previous tank, but it just did not cut it.

Happy Birthday!

Back