Black and white clownfish with white spots

Kristi518

I noticed today that my black and white clownfish has white spots on his body. It is not ich because they are too large and it kind of looks like he is missing scales. There is one little spot closer to his tail on one side and then on the other side there is a larger white spot and then another one near the top of the fish. I looked through the disease thread but nothing really looks like this and it is really hard to tell what he has because he is black and white. I have had him for almost 4 months and he is acting normal and eating everything like he always does. I give all my fish garlic and vita-chem every time that I feed them. All the other fish are fine. Please help!
125g
2 clownfish
yellow tang
2 anthia
2 firefish
blue damsel
sal: 1.027
ph:8.2
Ammonia: 0
Rite: 0
Rate: 0
Temp: 77 to 76

If you can post a picture of the fish (as close and clear as you can get). This will help out greatly with diagnosis.

It sounds like what my clown had. I was told my had velvet. It is hard to diagnose your fish without a pic.

It appears that my other orange and white clownfish is attacking my black clown. They have been in the tank together for 3 months and are now starting to fight. I have no idea why they are doing this. I purchased the black one before the orange but it looks like the orange one is becoming larger then the black one. I don't know if they are changing sex and the orange is trying to remain the one in charge or what is happening. I just don't want my black one to die because he is my favorite. Any advice would help!!! Thanks

It depends on how old they are. If they are old they might be both dominant females. But if they are still young they could be going through the process of becoming a pair.
If you think they are both females you should sell the orange clown before they get hurt.

Back