black diamond blasting sand?

Bratyboy2

Okay before you all go mid evil on me...I have used it in freshwater tanks before with bottom feeders with no problem. It doesn't alter my water chemistry or anything...does anyone see a problem using it?

The only problem I see is that it isn't as reflective as white sand so you'll have lower light levels as compared to using white sand.

I'm not to worried about the reflective value of it as I have LED lighting and I'm only doing softies and lps. But do you think think this is a suitable alternative?

Okay before you all go mid evil on me...I have used it in freshwater tanks before with bottom feeders with no problem. It doesn't alter my water chemistry or anything...does anyone see a problem using it?

I also use this in freshwater. I can't think of a reason why you couldn't use it in saltwater tanks...

That's what I'm thinking...plus I'm having a large sump so I can load up on crush coral down there and the real buffering sand but I just love the look of black sand

try it in. reef?

try it in. reef?

did you try the black diamond blasting sand on your reef tank. very interested if you did:uhoh2:

Back