Black Lion Fish--> PROBLEM???

latrecia4life

I have acclimated a black lion fish into my aquarium. He has been swimming a little bit but also just kinda swimming up and down along the live rock, also laying on the live rock...are these fish not very active, such as my yellow tang is, swimming all over the tank?? Thanks

Lions are not very active.

I'd say your well at the limit of fish for your 55g with the lion, eel, and tang.

I

I

thanks i am actually looking for a 200 + tank setup that I can display in another room I have. but no luck yet in finding one at a reasonable price.

I have a dwarf fuzzy lion and he behaves pretty much like you describe. Id say hes doing alright if he eating.

lions are stalkers. they remain still until food is close then you see how fast they react and they chill again.
what are you feeding it? i suggest silversides. NOT KRILL!!!
how often is also very important in the lions diet and health. they can poison their own system due to their slow digestive cycle.
every two to three days, or after you see the giant poop it lets go. :lol: before you feed it again. :thumbsup:
BTW, welcome to Reef Central! :D
JDM :cool:

Yeah, why not krill? I was told by many that if you can it to eat frozen krill, that was better than live food, because of thier digestive tract... Please explain! Thanks you for your help!

Not gonna say Im striking the nail right on the head, but it has to do with the lion developing some type of lump or growth in his throat that will cause him not to be able to swallow food of any type therefore starving! Someone else can go deeper into detail, I'm not good with explaining things.

Some people swear by it, others dont.

Me personally, I do feed my lion krill. But I also feed silversides and squid. I switch it up every feeding. I also feed live grass aka ghost shrimp glut loaded with Cyclo-peeze like once a month as a nutritious treat. Also soak all my foods in vitamins for about a hour or so before feeding.

Don't worry, I'm not harping at you for slightly overstocking, just pointing it out ;)

I'd feed a variety of foods if you can. Krill, squid, silversides, frozen medley cubes, etc

Back