Blake's Aqua Den

cerolost

Just stopped down tonight to see what he has. Great prices on fish like $17.99 on fat sixline wrasses and $39.99 on kole tangs. Had a good number of inverts and a few tanks of corals. $8.99 coral frags and up. He's only been open 4 months or so and he is setting up more coral tanks. I would definitely say its worth a drive and if you know where all pets club in Wallingford is, he is only 5 mins away. I'm excited about a close by pet store that has the corals, fish and prices I want.

Ed is a good guy and has stepped up with offering the club members nice prices on Salt and discount on everything except items already on sale

Should you ever need a tank, ask him for a quote. You might be pleasantly surprise as i was on a Deep Blue 60 rimless cube.

Ed is really nice I used to work with him for a bit at apc. He's honest and doesn't rip you off. I've gotten a lot of really nice yet cheap corals from there. Among them: a $40 green cynarina, a $40 pagoda about 6 inches in diameter, a $12 orange/bright yellow torch, $18 blasto merletti (20 polyps). Great deals!

Just stopped down tonight to see what he has. Great prices on fish like $17.99 on fat sixline wrasses and $39.99 on kole tangs. Had a good number of inverts and a few tanks of corals. $8.99 coral frags and up. He's only been open 4 months or so and he is setting up more coral tanks. I would definitely say its worth a drive and if you know where all pets club in Wallingford is, he is only 5 mins away. I'm excited about a close by pet store that has the corals, fish and prices I want.

I actually just came on to post a similar thread. I went there today for the first time and its not the greatest curb appeal but inside is much nicer. Pretty good prices on fish (Which I add all looked quite healthy compared to many other LFS) and corals. I did grab an 8.99 Pagoda frag and a couple others too. He carries Rods Food which I haven't really seen anywhere else.

And he stocks Live Black Worms too. He also was very receptive about bringing in whatever anyone wants.

He mentioned that he wants to know preferences on product from the club members and basically said he will bring in whatever people want.

Found my new LFS ;)

Sounds like a great place and not too far from me either. I'll have to stop by and check it out.

Where is this? I can't find it on google. I found Wallingford but not the store itself.

Stopped in today, Ed was very helpful. He said he's going to be having another purple tang sale...He is also going to be looking into getting some refrigerated filter feeder foods! I left there with a frag of setosa, orange/red capricornis, green pocillopora, a small colony of bright yellow acropora, and a starry blenny that is eating pellets! Great prices on everything as usual! Thanks Ed.

Just got a very nice healthy eating Achilles tang from Blake's Aqua Den! Thanks Ed for the healthy fish! :) Will be ordering more fish from Ed soon!

I just got a Caribbean blue tang from him about 2 weeks ago. So far so good in QT right now. Eating LBW's good. He's double the size of one I got at liveaquaria for the same price.

This store sounds like a must stop. The list of fish that members have posted they purchase sounds like my "wish list".

I'm glad that everyone is loving the store! Its nice to support a local business especially one that is just starting out. Keep up the good buzz!

I got a fire goby from him once that died from anchor worms 2 weeks after that we didn't realize it had came with (freak thing) and he made it right. Great store and insane prices I'm due for a visit

We stopped in on the way to the fragging event and were very impressed with the fish selection and also very affordable prices.

Stopped by Saturday and this place is great. Don't let the exterior appearance throw you, the inside is lovely. Very affordable prices. I picked up a fire goby, two scooter dragonets, two nasarius snails and three orange cats eye snails. Fish are healthy and eating and two of the cats eye snails are doing great... The three other snails disappeared. Great place and good selection!

Back