Blasto ID's

dj synystr

ok so i walk into the lfs to see what they have and i notice a nice 20 head piece of red and green blasto's. at the same time i see no label near them on the tank whihc has plenty of corals in with labels in front of each coral. so i ask the chick, how much for these blasto's. her response "this isn't my dept im just filling in" so the light in my head goes BING! and i say "how does $29.99 sound?" she goes good to me! i have wanted blasto's for a while but man $60 to $80 for a small colony is banana's/ now $29.9 thats more my style. so my ? is where can i find a good picture refference of blasto's to find out which kind i have. or are they all the same basic colors. any of you blasto owners out there wanna help a guy out?? thanks in advance. once they fully open again i will post a pic or two.

Wllsi's will have muck bigger polyps. About 1 1/2 inches to 2 1/2. Their skeleton is hidden by the flesh and attched to a rock. Merleti's have small polyps, 1/2 inch to 3/4 and have long stem like skeletons. Check out the LPS forum, you'll see plaenty of pics. Great buy!

ahhh didnt even think of that. i always forget about the other forums. this is def. a Merleti's then. thanks again.

Back