Bleach and muriatic acid question

mjacob

I decided to take down my main tank last Thursday just to start fresh and to re-done aquascape my tank, I cooked my rocks, i did bleach for 24hrs, and muriatic acid for 20mins and dump some baking soda then rinse all the rocks.. I still can smell some bleach, what do I need to do next?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You need to stop taking down your tanks šŸ¤£
See ya at Uncle Tom's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soak em for a week in freshwater with prime to kill the bleach. Than Let em dry in the sun for a week. Once the rocks are FULLY dry the bleach will be inert. You will still smell the bleach but will be harmless

I decided to take down my main tank last Thursday just to start fresh and to re-done aquascape my tank, I cooked my rocks, i did bleach for 24hrs, and muriatic acid for 20mins and dump some baking soda then rinse all the rocks.. I still can smell some bleach, what do I need to do next?

Why did you do all that? Was there pest you were trying to get rid of in particular?

The Reason I took down my tank I have/had alot aiptasia, I tried file fish, copperband, and shrimp but still no luck, also I need to fix my aquascape to make more water flow and more room in the future..

Thanks guys for all the suggestions and help!!

Bleach has a very short half life, the easiest way is to allow it to dry a few days and you'll be fine.

Agreed, but what I meant was that Prime is a colossal waste of money compared to sodium thiosulfate, which does an excellent job of chlorine removal. We use it routinely in our aquatics facilities to neutralize bleach after soaking pleated filters in bleach overnight. In a pinch, they can be put back in service almost immediately...

Acid bath, Bleach, Quick rinse in clean water. Let dry done. Ive done this a few time's with great success.

I also bleach filter socks, and just let them air dry..

Back