Blue Hammer Coral/Frogspawn

IMG_0597.jpg

green body... blue tips... but only under actinics.. otherwise.. purple tips during the day.

this was 15 mins after i introduced it into the tank so it looks pretty bad.. but since then.. it has filled up nicely.

Extreme corals just posted a couple of blue tip hammers, in case anyone is interested. They're a sponsor so hopefully it's ok to post here.

that's it. i got the two cheapest ones. there was one more left last night. hopefully they'll be bluer than the pics. i have had a MUCH bluer one before it died. in any event, it's not a color i have.

that's it. i got the two cheapest ones. there was one more left last night. hopefully they'll be bluer than the pics. i have had a MUCH bluer one before it died. in any event, it's not a color i have.

Cool, hope they color up nicely for you. Looking forward to pics!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I've got some of that. I never thought much of it because it's not like bright blue. I've always thought of it as more of a silvery color. Still a cool coral.

Those are nice blue tip and purple tips hammers. I have a bi-color purple and pink tipped it started having problems so I dipped it in a natural tea tree oil dip. Three flat looking worms came out and hammer has been great since. 2 months since dip

Those are nice blue tip and purple tips hammers. I have a bi-color purple and pink tipped it started having problems so I dipped it in a natural tea tree oil dip. Three flat looking worms came out and hammer has been great since. 2 months since dip

Wow, I've never heard of tea tree oil dip. Could you please point me towards some more information on this procedure?

I wouldnt really call them "Neon Blue," from the pictures anyway... Hopefully they are a nice blue to the human eye.
I had a gorgeous bright blue tipped green wall hammer from 2005-2006. I mean blue blue... Similar to the one Gary posted, but brighter and smaller. More like the one Jeff posted. Lost it when a tank sitter OD'ed my tank with kalk... I will see if I can dig up a picture.
Moral of the story... Don't go on vacation when you have a reef tank... :mad2:

i bought this one from aquatic auctions when they were still in business. i didn't have it long enough to take a pic as it got brown jelly disease w/in a week and died. it looked just like the pic...was really beautiful

bluehammer.jpg

The green one Ive had around 1 1/2 years.Someone happened to trade it in at a frag swap,I was surprised noone had bought it when I walked in a day later and saw it was still available.

Sorry I dont know where to look for one.

blue hammers

blue hammers

they're hard to come by. i got one from online vendor for around $200. it was beautiful! prettiest one i've ever seen on here. it was small and it died w/in about 2 weeks. it got brown jelly disease and didn't make it.

Wow $200 how many heads was it,mine is the branching type not the wall type

mine has to be considered aqua cultured the guy i got it from started from 1 head 8 years ago(and hundreds have been produced from this one head) and has been fragging it ever since to the lucky few ,mine is heard to frag because there is tissue around every inch of the skeleton
so is the blue hammer harder to keep from the wild?

i have had it for1.5 to 2 years started with 3 heads and now have 25+
It has lost a little bit of the defined hammer shape over the years but about 75% of them still look like hammers

Extreme corals just posted a couple of blue tip hammers, in case anyone is interested. They're a sponsor so hopefully it's ok to post here.

well, i said i'd post pics, so here goes...
i bought two of the three for sale. the smallest one looked like dookie when i got it and my auriga had a field day with it. the larger of the two is below...
030-1.jpg

015-5.jpg

like someone said earlier, alot of the blues do look gray, and i'd have to agree so far on this one. upon arrival, it looked REALLY gray, but has since added a little more blue with the changing of my 4 80w t5actinics yesterday. so, we'll see.

Its definitely not neon blue, but not a bad looking hammer. Hopefully the color deepens for you.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Back