Blue hippo and orange shoulder tang

calereef24

Just looking for some opinions on an orange shoulder going with a blue hippo. The orange shoulder is 5-6” and the blue hippo is still a little guy and only 2-2.5”. Wondering how some people would recommend introducing the orange shoulder if it’s even recommended to add him. I have a 55 gal I could put him into by himself if he becomes aggressive but a friend of mine is selling the orange shoulder and I’ve always wanted one.

tank info :

135gal reef tank (72”long)
120lbs live rock
140lbs live sand

Live stock :
1 5in lunar wrasse (almost always peaceful)
1 3.5in blue headed wrasse (peaceful)
2 2.5in clowns (peaceful)
1 2in Dottyback (peaceful)
2 3in firefish (peaceful)
1 2-2.5in blue tang (skittish)
1 4in coral beauty angle (peaceful)

Water is perfect and I do tank maintenance so that’s not really a concern with adding the orange shoulder.
Thanks all! Any other info needed, feel free to ask!

I’m not seeing a huge issue right off the bat. You may end up with a reverse issue of the orange shoulder picking on the blue tang

I don't see a problem, if it was another zebra after already having a yellow and scopas for example that may be a problem.
Alright, that’s what I was thinking. what do you think about the size difference? I worry since the orange shoulder is 5-6in and the blue hippo is 2-3 that the orange shoulder may become aggressive

My only thoughts would be either an acclimation box and or the mirror trick (placing a mirror on the side of the tank to distract aggression purposes)

Back