Blue Reef Chromis (Chromis cyaneus)

solitude127

Proud user of IO Salt!
If there are multiple Blue reef Chromis in a tank, will they pick each other off like green chromis?

I had a group of 5 in a 40 gallon tank. It was rather cramped since they can get large. They got along fairly well until one outgrew the other. I'm sure if they had a nice 4 foot tank they'd do just fine.

I'd like to know that also.

I've heard that the Blue Reef Chromis ( from the Caribbean ) are poor shippers. I guess that's one reason why they're not as readily avilable.

I've read posts that say black axle chromis are hardier than blue-green or blue chromis, but I don't know whether they are any less likely to whittle down to one or two.

Had a group of 25 to start with and 3 months later 11 are left. Got them when they were tiny so that didn't help things but the rest were picked off one by one. The 11 that are left are here to stay

Had a group of 25 to start with and 3 months later 11 are left. Got them when they were tiny so that didn't help things but the rest were picked off one by one. The 11 that are left are here to stay
Black axles? I figured there was no reason that they would be different, but thought it was worth throwing out there.

Back