Blue Regal Growth Rates

The reason why I wanted one was because of the blue but after going through my list I have lots of blue and green in my fish alone! I need more yellow, orange, and red fish.

I bought my hippo when he was 2" and now3 years later he is about 5-6". Is a 210 any longer then a 125?.

Standard 125 gallon tanks:

60"x 18"x 24"Tall
-OR-
72"x 18"x 20"Tall

And the 210 Gallon is a 72"....so it depends whether the 125 you speak of is the 60" or the 125".

You will never get a truly accurate answer, there are so many variables to be truly accurate. All you are going to get is people's experiences, and even in those cases there is going to be numerous variables.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Raffle grabber

come on man I got a hippo in my 58gal 36x18

Its about 2.5 - 3"

Ive had it for a year and and its grow about 1"

125 is more than enough for a 2" tang even a 8" tang is fine and for a regal to go from 2" to 8" would prolly take 4 to 6 years....

That is one slow growing tang you have there. After seeing a full grown hippo tang in a 240g I wish I wouldn't of bought one for my 240 that is one fish that can make the tank seem small, very very active swimmers. With my 240 I'm still thinking I'll probably end up going bigger just because how big some of my fish that are said to be ok in 240 get.

anyone ever consider that in the wild fish need to grow faster because of predators and in a tank they don't. Might be natural thing that is triggered by surroundings. But i could be out of my mind of course!

I doubt it.

The clownfish/anemone relationship is about protection (( for both )) and yet clowns will still host an anemone is our tanks even when there is no need for protection; hundred of years of instinct don't just disappear.

Hippo in a 125gallon

Hippo in a 125gallon

I have a hippo the size of a quarter right now & have no feeling of guilt for putting it in a 6' tank (125). I don't over stock so the tang should be able to live comfortably for as long as it stays alive in my tank. It is feed about 4-5 times a day with a naso & yellow tang. I have been doing this for 10 plus years & have housed in the past (passers angel, sailfin, luner wrasse, puffer, lion fish & picasso trigger) in a 90 gallon for several years & they were big boys. Just make sure there is plenty of hiding places & open areas for swimming room.

Most tangs grow at a fast rate when greens are consistently available to them (veggie clip/caulerpa/romaine). My naso was skin and bones when I put it in my tank, now looks like it ate a big mac after 2 weeks. High flow, plenty of fliteration, tons of hiding places & power feeding will make any tang very happy in a 125 for a long time.

Back