Blue tang help

truben1010

I'm not sure if my blue tang has Ich or not. It has been in quarantine with copper for almost a month already and today I noticed it had some white marks on one side of it. I'm not sure if it is stress marks or not. I took the tang out to take pictures of it to see if anyone else could spot anything. In the first pic, there seems to be a little thing protruding from its head above its eye.. not sure what it is. Any help would be appreciated!
2b9686439451630433de5409085cc420.jpg

e296409874aabcb6a7324c3f5593f21e.jpg

fa620b764705e6f77b93b826bfdade35.jpg

f50a53994d1662b14fd36173ed1712f0.jpg

d8aadc0e1bf1113a4c70c32b3cbc51c9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be HLLE. Tangs I know can be quite sensitive to copper. Make sure to keep good water parameters and feed it a solid, Herbivorous diet.

Might be HLLE. Tangs I know can be quite sensitive to copper. Make sure to keep good water parameters and feed it a solid, Herbivorous diet.

That's what was also on my mind. I just don't know if it is still ich or something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See if it goes away: sometimes fish can pick up dust or crud that sticks for a while. Lymphocystis would be my guess by the appearance of it if it is a disease.

I find fish will sometimes get the odd bump when stressed. They typically get these weird little stress bumps on their tail fins, but they can get them elsewhere. I don't think these stress bumps my fish get are lymphocystis or anything like that, since they go away on their own once they're stress goes away (I find fish that are being bullied, are in quarantine, or are suffering from an unrelated illness get these). I find species who are more skittish are prone to these (cardinalfish, cories, etc.).

Obviously, keep in mind I'm not saying you should just ignore the bumps you're seeing, since those could just as easily be caused by some sort of parasite or pathogen.

Do you have any updates from your blue tang? From what I see it could be lympho, although I hope not. Either way, offer the fish the best possible water quality and feed it with plenty of hervibore sources.

Back