Bought a Flat Poker Star Montipora Plug. Will it grow up or just out?

that Fish Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
So I was at a Frag Swap and I bought a Poker Star Montipora Frag Plug.

My other Montipora Frags (Superman, Rainbow, Sunset, etc.) are on frag plugs too but they are about a Half and Inch Tall whereas this new Plug the only Growth is Flat over the Plug.

It looks ugly compared to my other Frags and the only reason that I got it was because it was very cheap.

So my question is will the coral grow up and make unique shapes like my other Montipora Frags are or will it stay Flat and just grow out past the plug in a flat and skinny manner.

I hope this helps. I tried to describe the situation the best I could.

Poker Stars are encrusting montiporas.....so no, you will get no vertical growth as it will opt to spread, rather than climb.

Hope this helps, good luck.

So I was at a Frag Swap and I bought a Poker Star Montipora Frag Plug.

My other Montipora Frags (Superman, Rainbow, Sunset, etc.) are on frag plugs too but they are about a Half and Inch Tall whereas this new Plug the only Growth is Flat over the Plug.

It looks ugly compared to my other Frags and the only reason that I got it was because it was very cheap.

So my question is will the coral grow up and make unique shapes like my other Montipora Frags are or will it stay Flat and just grow out past the plug in a flat and skinny manner.

I hope this helps. I tried to describe the situation the best I could.

Put it on a rough bumpy surface and it will just encrust over leaving the unique shapes.

Back