Brand new hobbiest - No clue what to do at this point

Agree with find stuff on Craigslist. I great way to go! Plenty of people are getting rid of the entire system, and you can get it cheaper than ever buying it new. My husband also "shook his head and stood in the corner" when I got started. Now, he even agrees the tank is nice and he looks at it often :D He doesn't do much else, but I wouldn't want him doing anything! HOB filters are a drag. Look at getting a drilled tank with a sump, it's the best way to go.

Read the stickies, there is so much information on them, when I got started, they answered all my questions, go to Sk8r's blogs and read them, very informative. Read the stickies over and over again, before you know it you'll have most of the answers, then post pics and ask for advise as you begin your amazing journey. It does pay off in the end. But read the stickies over and over. Good luck and keep it fun

Anyone worked with lifereef.com for a sump? What are your thoughts on this?

For a sump, no, but I have for their overflow boxes and I am very happy with the quality of Jeff's work and his customer support. I would recommend anything made by him.

Back