Brannon...you jynxed me.....lol

seth16

New member
I got stung by a mushroom a half hour ago...it hurt pretty bad, like a ton of bee stings in my finger.... i was re-attaching it to a rock, and some shroom-juice came out and onto my finger where a cut was from biting my nails (bad habit)... It is now swollen and red, i am keeping ice on it to keep the swelling down, but MAN that is funny that this happened the day you told me that YOU got stung, and also i never knew that they can sting this badly, i have had mushrooms for years now, and this has NEVER happened.....lol, just thought i would share. :)

So BE CAREFUL!
 

chrisstie

Premium Member
I've told you guys to wear gloves when doing those :) Got their gunk in my hangnail a few weeks ago and had to dip in vinegar\water...

Just make sure you dont get any other symptoms.. as long as it goes away in a few hours you'll be fine. Just want to keep an eye on it in case there's any allergic reaction

yeah.. like 10x worse than a bee sting i'd say :(

Gloves gloves gloves! (i should practice what i preach more)

At least, if you have an open sore and notice it when it goes into saltwater its not too late to pull out and put a glove on anyhow. Can prevent a

okay I can't finish saying that with a straight face. Why is my mind in the gutter I'm supposed to be mature right?

But seriously if you DO notice you have an open sore dont touch those things!!! I know you dont realize it sometimes but ouch better safe than sorry
 

sytanek

New member
I don't take my own advice tho, the sting just felt like a bee sting, so I still do it without gloves anyways.
 

Me No Nemo

Premium Member
Everyone with a tank should keep a bottle of vinegar and a small bowl handy. I've gotten stung to the point of having no feeling in my fingers for days at a time. Be especially careful with zoas and the large polyped palys!! ALWAYS wear gloves and eye protection!!! Always wash hands after use. Use designated bowls/tools just for this purpose. Never leave bowls of water that any of your critters have been in laying around where kids or animals can drink from them or be exposed to them. Make sure you don't put your hands near your face/mouth until after you wash them thoroughly. There are some nightmare stories out there of people/pets who have had severe reactions.
 

seth16

New member
...

...

ok, well this morning my finger was fine, a little swollen, but didnt hurt anymore. For some reasoni had a nosebleed for about an hour, but other than that, nothing. and yes, from now on, gloves will be my friend when fragging :)
 
Top