Break out box float switch help.

ghellin

I have 3 float switches on my apex break out box one is the sump low second is sump high third is reservoir low. This setup has worked for a year now without major issues. Well I was sitting here tonight and my ATO kicked on then off over and over again until it almost overflowed my sump. The sump low switch was submerged this should have stopped the pump, the sump high switch was submerged this is the fail safe and it failed. If I was not home it would have kept going until it drained my top off reservoir. This is the worst timing I am leaving on a business trip for 5 weeks and if this happens again I could flood my home and kill my tank. I need to know what code can I add to make the ATO only able to kick on once per hour max. Can this be done? If so what do I need to do?

Thanks in advance.

create a virtual outlet to email you if ATO runs longer than expected.

ATOCheck_A1
Set OFF
If Outlet (your ATO Outlet) = ON Then ON
Defer (put the time your ATO normally run + extra time) Then ON

Then add Email Alert Statement
If Outlet ATOCheck_A1 = ON Then ON

Ok so the defer is the function I am wanting, I don't need the email I just need the apex to not allow the pump to run longer than a set time per hour or few hours. The pump is a maxi 400 it only needs to run about 15 seconds max per 4-5 hours.

No, this is just to email you to let you know so you can do something remotely. Not sure if defer alone will do the trick.

Back