Breaking down a large tank?

s ruppa

have not been on the forum in about 10 years. Got lots of great advice when i was starting out. I need to break down my 220g reef with 110g sump unfortunately. It has been running since 2008. I dont have much live stock. A pair of clown fish and anemone. they lay eggs. one yellow tang and a mandarin. all are very healthy. I dont have any valuable coral but have LOTS of mushrooms, tree coral and leathers. the rocks and sand are loaded with brittle stars. I am not sure how to go about this. I am not worried about money for the livestock. more worried about finding homes. I dont want to remove all the live rock and nuke it if people can use it. There is aptasia and bubble algae but there are some awesome rocks covered in mushrooms and other softies that i think someone would enjoy.
My thoughts are set up a 150 gallon stock tank. move the fish and prime rocks covered in coral to the stock tank. Break it down and sell it piece meal for the hardware. i have a couple reeflo darts, 3 x LED lights, bubble magus skimmer, some other decent gear. then sell off or give away the remaining live stock and coral. could use some opinions to do this right. thanks!

will check out the club forum. see whats around me. I am in SE WI. I imagine there has to be a club here or around Chicago There is one good shop in town. was going to head over there this week and chat with them.

Would you be interested in selling the whole setup? I am looking to get back into the hobby, I had a 55g salt water tank with a Hang-on-back refugium for about 5 years previously.

Would you be interested in selling the whole setup? I am looking to get back into the hobby, I had a 55g salt water tank with a Hang-on-back refugium for about 5 years previously.

yes i would. ideally that would be the best way to go. I would need to put together a price. are you looking for all the hardware or hardware, rock and livestock?

Thanks John. I was on before when I had my other tank but couldn’t remember my username so created a new one.

Ruppa, I’d likely be interested in all of if. I’d probably rent a uHaul truck and load it all into the back. Think about it and send me some pictures and your thoughts on price.

Ok, this is Chad314. I resurrected my old email account to figure out my old username. Just want to show that I have been involved in the hobby in the past and have some experience.

Thanks,
Boxer85/Chad314

Ok, this is Chad314. I resurrected my old email account to figure out my old username. Just want to show that I have been involved in the hobby in the past and have some experience.

Thanks,
Boxer85/Chad314

Welcome back boxer85 ?

boxer85 . tried uploading a few photos. i think they are probably too big. kept getting an error from my phone. Will try tomorrow when i am back on my PC. Will send you a message here also. Maybe i can e-mail them to you instead

boxer85 . tried uploading a few photos. i think they are probably too big. kept getting an error from my phone. Will try tomorrow when i am back on my PC. Will send you a message here also. Maybe i can e-mail them to you instead

If you get another error, please contact me with the dimensions and file size.

Back